You may want to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes.
In this episode we talk about how Chris seems to be in this advantageous situation in Tokyo. There are people coming through and visiting Japan’s capital on a regular basis – and Chris gets to meet them all, show off how well he knows the city, and don’t forget the free dinners.
What is it like living in Tokyo as a foreigner?
- The language barrier: Are you watching Japanese movies?
- Cultural differences: How much are you hanging out with locals?
- Food: So much more than sushi.
- Visa: Being the representative of a/your company in Japan. (More on the subject on TokyoCheapo.com)
“There is no theft in Tokyo.”
“Everything just works.”
- Digital Hoboism: Can you work from cafés?
- Staying organized:
“You can have a barbecue in the park. You just have to book your slot a few weeks in advance.”