You may want to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes.
Following on a question from Ian Robinson of freedompodcasting.com, we delve into how to start being a hobo CEO right now.
- Mindset etc. – listen to episode #1
- Remove things holding you down
- Have no debt
- Embrace the minimalist lifestyle
Main types of hobo-compatible businesses
- Freelance service provider
- Product (as in physical product)
- Attention business (blog, content site etc.) – selling info product, selling someone else’s product affiliate marketing/advertising etc. Listen to James Clark interview
- Writing and/or pusblishing a book or an ebook. Resources: APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur-How to Publish a Book, Podcast on publishing your first book on kindle
- Saas – software as a service
- Poker, listen to our interview with Tynan
- Create a community or membership site
Maybe the best way to get started
Working for / with another hoboCEO. There are plenty of opportunities to do this, really. Just understand this to be less of a job and more of an apprenticeship. If you’re interested, let us know. Chances are we can hook you up according to your preferences and skills.
Other possibilities for combining work and travel
- Seasonal work
- English teaching – or some sort of teaching/skill (see http://jetsetcitizen.com/)
- Working as a fitness, yoga or … instructor
Podcast produced and edited by Podcast Magic