This week your favourite hobos are joined again by John Bardos of JetSetCitizen.com fame, to ruminate on hobo relationships. John and his wife have travelled together continuously for the last 4 years, so Chris and Nico grill him with questions to try and uncover his secret sauce for the successful traveling relationship.
Topics covered and mentions:
- Why John and Motoko left the conventional lifestyle behind
- The hobo lifestyle as a means to avoid getting fat, lazy and stupid
- Working and living together
- Possible ingredients to a successful couple hobo life
- Is it possible to have kids and start a family as a hobo?
- Regarding children, conventions are quite different in other countries which creates/forces a lot of flexibility
- Traveling single vs. as a couple – can you start a relationship while traveling?
Quote from John:
“I think it’s harder to be a couple than it is to be single. And it is harder to be a family than it is to be couple, but it’s definitely doable.”
Editing and production by Podcast Magic